8.9.14

Joan Rivers finally laid to rest


"When I die I want my funeral to be a huge showbiz affair with lights, camera, action. I want craft services, I want paparazzi and I want publicists making a scene! I want it to be Hollywood all the way. I don't want some rabbi rambling on; I want Meryl Streep crying in five different accents. I don't want a eulogy. I want Bobby Vinton to pick up my head and sing "Mr lonely". I want to look gorgeous better dead than I do alive. I want to be buried in a Valentino gown and I want Harry Winston to make me a toe tag. And I want a wind machine so that even in the casket my hair is blowing better than Beyonce's," she wrote in her 2012 book, I hate everyone....including me.

 The beloved comedienne's funeral service was held in NYC's Temple Emanu-El on Sunday, 7th Sept. Joan died at age 81 on Thursday, Sept. 4, after suffering complications from a minor throat surgery. She was cremated on Saturday.

Among some of the A-listers who attended the invitation only service to pay their respects to the comedy legend were, Kelly OsbourneGiuliana and Bill Rancic, Howard Stern, Kathy GriffinRosie O'Donnell, Mario Cantone, Kristin Chenoweth, Sally Jesse Raphael, Chuck Scarborough, Hota Kotb, Kathie Lee Gifford, Andy CohenWhoopi GoldbergSarah Jessica Parker, Jeff Ross, Donald and Melania Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Judge Judy Sheindlin, Michael Kors, Carolina Herrera, Geraldo Rivera, Alicia Quarles, Barbara Walters, Rachael Ray, Billy Bush, and Dr. Oz.

The Fashion Police star leaves behind her daughter Melissa Rivers and grandson Cooper.







SOURCES: US Weekly; NYtimes; Mirror.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment